Week 1 - 9 lbs!!!

iVillage Member
Week 1 - 9 lbs!!!
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 3:16pm

Hi all!  I am Nicole, 30, and mother of two (3 year old girl, and 9 month old boy).  With my daughter I went up from my pre-pregnancy weight and never lost it, had my son, and although I lost all my pregnancy weight, I was still 20 pounds over where I wanted to me.  But so far...i've lost 9 pounds of it!

Well, this 9 lbs did not come easily, lol.  The first day was pretty good, but by the second day my body was definitely feeling the effects of getting rid of the carbs - I was having sweats, weakness, but I toughed it out, upped my protein between meals and pressed on and by the next day I was good!

I must admit, i'm really not super hungry on the diet anymore - sometimes I can't even finish my salads.  I am not 100% strict because I am nursing, so for example I eat light & fit yogurt - fruit flavored, or I might have more than one serving of nuts - but even with that, 9 pounds is incredible!

I worked out twice - Jackie Wariner - total body circuit.  I've been working out for a few months now, and physically feel pretty fit, but I just couldn't manage 3/week while my body adjusted to the diet - but i'll go for 3 workouts this week.

Well, just thought i'd share - i've verry happy, the next 10 lbs and i'll be at what I mentally have as a target weight, although 20 would be my final goal.'

I look forward to getting to know you all and get some good recipe ideas :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 11:07pm

Congratulations on your success!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 11:41am

Just an FYI...cheese is considered a protein on South Beach.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 10:36am

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the information!

Typically I have been cheating a bit, eating extra servings of nuts, eating tons of yogurt, sometimes even regular yogurt if I was out of the diet kind, maybe 2 to 3 cups a day,

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 9:49pm

Hi Nicole,

9 pounds in week 1 is awesome!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 4:01pm

Hey Nicole!

Congratulations on the 9lb loss! Sounds like you're on your way to getting to that goal !

Are you breastfeeding? If so, you should make sure you're following phase 2, with 2 to 3 servings of fruit and 2 to 3 servings of whole grains per day.

Rebekah

Rebekah

href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wIT68bK/">