eat till your full??....

iVillage Member
eat till your full??....
Mon, 07-21-2003 - 5:49pm
I'm on day 2 and all I want to do is eat :(

I have always been an "eater." I think a lot of my problem with weight has come as a result of not being able to recognize the difference between hunger and just plain old wanting to eat. I enjoy food, cooking it and eating it, but I have trouble stopping when I'm full. If it tastes good, I will eat and eat....

I'm wondering where to draw the line with this diet, since I obviously need to retrain my body. In the past I have routinely skipped meals, sometimes for an entire day, knowing full well the havoc it was reeking on my metabolism. Perhaps eating more often and having my snacks etc. has just kicked my metabolism into gear a little. Still I'm worried that I'm eating too much.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am only eating what is allowed in Phase 1 and I'm trying to control portion sizes (no huge over-flowing plates or anything) I've included plenty of "good fats" and protein, lots of water and I eat very slowly.

Anyway...I'm working from home today with my sick son, which could explain my pre-occupation with food, the fridge is only a few yards away, after all. Maybe my concern is unwarranted since it's only day 2...maybe I'm doing things right and will lose weight anyway. We'll see

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2003 - 10:06am
okay, thanks! any specific brand? i'll look for it next time i'm shopping, but it helps to have a clue... i didn't realize there was such a thing!

a *great* dessert is jello with whipped cream beat in. sugar-free (non-dairy, too!) of course!

carrie

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-27-2003 - 10:46pm
I think she means sugar free non-dairy whipped topping ;)
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-27-2003 - 10:22pm
whipped cream - is that okay to eat? i have been avoiding it - i thought it would be a dairy...
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2003 - 10:34am
Good Points Sandra!!!

cl-michelle81663

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 10:40am
The cravings will lessen Erin. I was worried about it myself. I'm on day 9 of phase 1 and I still get the urge to snack, just not as often, and when I do I reach for the good things like Sandra mentioned. I also like SF jello with whipped creme. It satisfies the "sweet urges".

Debra

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 6:59am
Thanks for your response Sanzi. I was beginning to think I was all alone here ;)

Yeah, that's what I figured. Still, I hope the snack attacks dwindle as the days go by...it's disconcerting to be this obsessed with food!

Thanks again,

Erin

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 6:51am
One of the metabolism "secrets" that SBD uses is the eat more often concept. It works to keep your metabolism going (continuously digesting/burning calories) and it works to keep you from getting too hungry - we get hungry, we binge. Another thing that will keep you from getting hungry is eating the "right" carbs (er, when we are allowed carbs) this helps normalize inslulin and break the chain of mild hypoglycemia (cause by insulin spike) telling us to eat by making us feel hungry - then eating to spike inslulin again...this a major cause obesity - according to the 30 Year Nurses Health Study and documented in "Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy" by Dr. Walter Wilett, Harvard School of Public Health. Anyway after about a week of normalizing your insluin, cravings should die straight away.

If you feel the urge to snack - make it authorized - if you want a cruchy snack - eat a cucumber (with skin) if you want salt, try olives, if you want cheese - make it laughing cow or Part skim cheese stick. I try to eat a serious protein with every snack - like a couple of pieces of deli turkey with whatever I eat. It helps.

Good luck!

Sandra