Phase 1 day 1...

iVillage Member
Phase 1 day 1...
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 8:50am
Hi all. Yesterday I bought the book and today I start with day one. So far today I've had 6oz v-8, one string cheese stick and 2pcs bacon and one cup of coffee with just a little bit of half & half. I know I'm not supposed to use half and half but it was all I had this morning. What do you all put in your coffee?

Keep your fingers crossed that I make it through the day. I really need to lose about 20lbs. I had my son 2yrs ago and I'm still 26lbs over my pre-preg weight.

Kelly

new-siggy-2.jpg picture by kridgell

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 11:42am
That's what I do Kelly...eat non-breakfast foods for breakfast. I'm not crazy about eggs, so I've just picked other foods that are portable (I bring part of my breakfast to work to eat after my workout) and are foods I like. No one said I can't have edemame and string cheese for breakfast! ;) It does get easier.

Cathy

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 10:22am
Thanks Erin. Yes I don't think I was too prepared with my food selection. I've got my list ready to go shopping.

My problem with breakfast is eggs. I can't stand them and I don't think I could eat them. So that leaves my breakfast choices rather slim. I'll just have to eat non-breakfast foods.

Kelly

new-siggy-2.jpg picture by kridgell

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 10:17am
That rings of an Atkins inspired diet....

No, half and half is not allowed and neither is regular bacon.

I use a touch of fat free evaporated milk...it gives the coffee a richer mouth feel.

Regular bacon is also a no-no, make sure you're eating canadian or turkey bacon.

It seems like you might be depriving yourself as a result of not having the correct foods around...your breakfast sounds a little skimpy. No wonder you caved yesterday!

Today will be a better day for you, I think.

Erin :)

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-22-2003 - 10:32am
Kelly, my fingers are crossed. I use skim milk in my coffee.

Debra