Abnormal T Wave

iVillage Member
Abnormal T Wave
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 8:29am
My ekgs show an abnormal T WAVE. Does anyone know what this means. I'm 62. Thanks
iVillage Member
In reply to: avista13
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 9:36pm
EKG abnormalities can mean a lot of different things, and not all of them problems. It could be something as simple as poor lead placement, or slight movement during the EKG...stress and anxiety and hyperventiliation can cause ekg abnormalities, or it could mean prior heart damage, a blockage, valve problems, etc, etc.

I'm an emt working in an ER, doing EKG's allll day long. I don't know the art of reading them, nor what T waves specifically represent - but take any 'abnormality' that the computer reads with a grain of salt and wait for your own cardiologist's interpretation.

`
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 11:28am
Agree with the mummy Avista, see a cardiologist. Any abnormality in an ekg indicates something with the heart, but further testing is the only way to pinpoint WHAT that is.

Don't panic, it could be something not too serious. But, see a cardiologist to ease your mind. Marty
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:33am
Hi, Avista....and welcome to the board!

Abnormal T-waves can mean several different things.....so i think my best advice would be to ask your cadiologist what this means in YOUR case! Good luck, Hon.....and let us know what your cardiologist says, okay?

Welcoming (((hugs))),

Linda.