Still scared, too many pvc's

iVillage Member
Still scared, too many pvc's
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 8:43am
Hi,

I am new here, though I have been reading. I posted last week about pregnancy and pvc's. I have been having an increased number of them over the last couple of weeks. The holter said 15,000+ so I am very scared. Has anyone else had this many pvc's in a 24 hour period? I tried a beta blocker but it did not help. I am nervous about this going on for the next 3 months until I give birth, or even after. Can this damage the heart? ANy input is appreciated! Thanks.

Lisa

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 9:06am
Hi, Lisa!

I think this is something that needs to be controlled carefully - your OB and your cardiologist working closely together. That IS quite a few PVC's per 24 hour period, and I think you should be on something stronger, perhaps, than a beta blocker (or maybe a stronger beta blocker!). Please call your OB doc AND your cardiologist and have them start "talking to each other".....I think you need this controlled NOW....before the baby arrives! Whether or not this can damage the heart - I don't know......it really depends on WHY you're having that many PVC's per day.....and this is something your docs have to get figured out! Call your docs ASAP and let me know what they have to say, okay? Good luck, Hon! Yes, this is scary right now.....but just remember, fear and anxiety can also INCREASE the number of PVC's you're having, so try to stay as calm as possible, okay?

Love and (((hugs))),

Linda.