AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT

iVillage Member
AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 3:38pm
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had this kind of operation..

I am 32 and I was just told I need to have this operation done.

I just a a TEE test done in the hospital and now I have to have a echo stress test

which I am sure wont come out good since my stress level is sky rocketing

and I cant stop thinking about this.

I have chest pains like you wouldnt believe, i am on water pills for about 6years now.

if I do not take them my legs and feet swell like I am a freak or something.

they say it is the congenital kind and I am just so scared about whats going to happen.

not to mention I also have Fibromyalsia, Epstein

barr, so you can just imagine my energy level is next to nothing...

if anyone out there has had this or going to have it please email me at

smittypi@aol.com or I wll check back at these messages..

Thank you,

SCARED !!!!!!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-15-2003 - 8:59pm
Hi, smittpi......welcome to the board!

I've posted a link below regarding arotic valve replacement....I hope it's helpful. This type of heart surgery is usually pretty straight-forward with a low rate of complications. I'm assuming that you have a doctor who over-sees your fibromyalgia, as well as a cardiologist and a cardio-vascular surgeon.....they should all be talking with each other regarding your surgery with regards to your fatigue and stress levels....this will help you handle the surgery much better! I know you're scared.....I think I'd be apprehensive too! But, if your doctors all agree that this surgery will go well, and that you'll have a normal and uncomplicated recovery, you should trust your doctors! Let us know about your up-coming surgery....when's it supposed to take place? Good luck....and I hope the link will help answer some of the questions you have regarding your surgery. And, please, also ask your cardiologist to go over in detain exactly what will happen during the surgery, and what he/she expects for YOU regarding your recovery. The more information you have, the less anxious you're apt to feel! Let us know, okay?

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/165/52449.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Welcoming (((hugs))),

Linda.