understanding What something might mean

iVillage Member
understanding What something might mean
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 3:15pm
i was going to put this message in here cause im trying to understand what exactly i should do ... I have some time of heart problem.. Well im not sure yet cause i havent really beeen to a doctor yet.. But i dont know if i should go to one yet. When i was a baby i had a heart murmor.. i was put in the hospital for it and stuff and then over the years nothing has been wrong.. lately ive experiance my heart racing like really fast and pumping really heart like its struggling..then i start breathing fast.. and then like after awhile it just goes away.. i dont have asmah or anything but it just doesnt make senxe to me... My parents think its just anxiety but i dont think thats what iti s.. Ive never felt my heart go so hard before its like my heart is having a heart time trying to pump... ive woking up at night with it doing to me too... And i start getting all hot and stuff.. i dont know if i have something wrong or if anyone would be able to answer the questions i have ... So if anyone could help or give me any advice please do... thanks so much ...

Confused...
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 6:53pm
Hi, Silver!

No problem....really! I've just always wanted the folks here (and on my other boards) to feel as if they've come to a "friend's house"....so I've always used my real name! I think it's made the boards I cl- have a "cozier" feel, if you know what I mean! I wasn't criticizing, Silver....just wanted you to know that I probably wouldn't recognize MYSELF if folks used my cl- name all the time instead of my real name! LOL! Thanks! :0)

(((hugs))),

Linda.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 5:33pm
Linda,

I'm really sorry.

Silver (who isn't brave enough to use her real name, sorry).

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 9:55am
Hi, Silver,

Since I became the cl of the board here, I've always preferred to use my real name instead of simply signing my cl- name...I think it's much easier for my boardies here to get to know me! If it's not too much trouble, could I ask you to use the name the board members know me by? I always use my real name, Linda. I respect others wishes when they don't feel like using their real names...I DO prefer using mine! Thanks in advance!

Linda.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-27-2003 - 3:43am
Hi and welcome to the board. I agree with clmummy - the only certain way to find out what is going on is to go and have a chat with your doctor, explaining all the symptoms you've been having. Your parents could be right and this could be anxiety - the problem is that the more anxious you get, the more you get these symptoms, the more you worry, and the more anxious you become! All a bit of a vicious circle. I appreciate how these feelings can be worrying so the best thing to do is to see your doctor soon and discuss this with him/her, then they can arrange for any tests that might need to be done, or just to be able to monitor how things go.

Try not to worry too much, just get it checked out and let us know how you get on.

Take care,

silver

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-25-2003 - 4:45pm
Hi.......and welcome to the board!

Well, your parents could be right (about the anxiety), but the ONLY way for you to tell for sure what's going on is to go and see your doctor! Please make an appointment with your family doctor and tell him exactly what you've said here. He/she can do some tests, and if it's necessary, he can refer you to a cardiologist. You don't say how long this has been going on, but if you're concerned about this (and YOU know your body better than anyone else!) then you should see your doctor soon! Let us know what he says, okay?

Again......welcome!

Linda.