Hello again..(m)

iVillage Member
Hello again..(m)
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 5:46am
Hello,

Please ignore the other post about me seeing a heart DR today.Hubby is making me cancel it once again.We have to pay co-pays and deductables every time we go to a DR's appointment and stuff.Hubby said we needed the money for gas for work and stuff more than me going to another appointment.He said I could reschedule it AGAIN for next week but I don't know if I will bother with it or not.I am so tired of rescheduling appointments.He said that I could reschedule it if I wanted to but he wasn't going to make me reschdule it or go.My mom says I worry to much and thats probably what is wrong with me or I guess it could be all in my head huh?My mom said that I would be wasting my time by going.I guess hubby feels the same way.Just thought I would let you all know.

Julie

P.S.Thanks for the kind words from my first post.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 7:21am
I think it is up to a medical professional to decide whether or not your problems are physical or emotionally based, and you should see the doctor. Can you talk to them about sending in your co-pay next week, or charging it, or somehow paying for it later but still going now?
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 7:38pm
JULIE!!!!!!!!

Do NOT let ANYONE tell you to cancel an appointment with a cardiologist...especially since YOU feel there's something wrong! Make another appointment ASAP.....and GO! I'm not trying to be disrespectful to either your mother or your husband, but I highly doubt they have ANY professional medical training or that either of them is a qualified cardiologist, so neither of them is qualified to assess your physical problems! Please...do what your body and heart have been telling you to do! SEE THAT DOCTOR! YOU are MUCH more important than either your mothers or your husbands non-medical, unprofessional opinions! Make another appointment....tell your husband that it's important to get answers to ANY questions regarding your physical health. Tell him you WILL keep the appointment....whether or not he goes with you! I simply do NOT understand WHY both your husband and your mother are down-playing your physical health! You deserve to see that cardiologist....go see him! ASAP!

Good luck, Hon...let me know when you've made another appointment, okay? Money isn't the real issue, and I think you know that. Neither your mother nor your husband seem to believe that you have any physical problems going on....but they aren't qualified medically to tell you that at all! Only a doctor can tell you if there's something wrong with your cardio-vascular system....so please don't listen to non-medical advice from anyone! And you really DO need to see a qualified doctor! You've waited long enough! Make another appointment - and GO!

Love and (((hugs))),

Linda.