I had the EKG today

iVillage Member
I had the EKG today
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 3:08pm
and was told .... "You DO have a heart murmur". She really didn't go into alot, I have to go back on 6/17 and she will let me know the results of the blood work and EKG.

She also told me to make notes of any shortness of breath, pain in chest, numbness, etc. I'm alittle upset about this. I asked alot of questions but she really did't answer them, she replied, "lets wait until we have the test results and go from there."

I guess its not that serious .... I don't have to go back for 1 month. LOL

Wishing you all well and happy today,

Cyn

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-20-2003 - 5:04pm
Hi, Cyn.....

I'm glad to hear that your doctor doesn't feel as if there's any cause for immediate concern. However, I take umbrage with your doctor seemingly dismissing your questions! I understand that your doctor wanted to wait for ALL tests results to be in before telling you what those results mean in YOUR particular case....but it certainly does NOT take a month to get those test results back, and I think all your questions should (and could) have been answered in a more timely, less dismissive manner. You could certainly wait till your next appointment with your doctor to "re-ask" those questions and get your test results. Or, you also have the option of calling your doctor's office, asking to speak with your doctor regarding your test results immediately. Keeping a "symptom journal" as your doctor asked you to do is always a good idea.....if you DO have any of those symptoms, please call your doctor right away! Good luck....and let us know what your doctor has to say, okay?

(((hugs))),

Linda.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-21-2003 - 8:42pm
Thank YOU Linda. You are very kind and give great advice.

I plan to visit your board often. My DH had a Quad-bypass by in Jan. I still have alot of concern about his heart. This is a great board.

Thanks again,

Cyn