Oh, you can have that!

iVillage Member
Oh, you can have that!
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 8:37am
So here I am, working hard to keep to my new heart-healthy nutrition plan, which is still new for me, and I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate it into summer living (going out to dinner more, upcoming vacations, etc.) I've been successfully staying away from the donuts at work (maybe nibbling on a quarter of a donut total per week), when one of my co-workers says: Oh, you can have a donut a week! That's not going to kill you!

What's with THAT?

This is an otherwise nice person, not some obnoxious jerk. I am just ignoring his suggestion, of course, but I mean really, do I need anyone else prodding me to slack off on good nutrition?

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-07-2003 - 11:22pm
(((Hugs!)))

I'm angry FOR you, cause I know exactly how you feel! Have a piece of this great cake I made....have just a tiny slice of this chocolate creme pie...have this.....have that! GRRRRRRR!!!!!! I know what you WANTED to do......shove that donut into HIS mouth and say YOU eat it! But, you're right....most of the people we meet ARE well-meaning and NOT jerks! And it's sometimes hard to explain that we're trying to KEEP OUR HEALTH! The easiest and fastest way I'VE found to stop these folks is to simply say to them, "I'm not allowed that on my VERY restricted diet....so you can have MY slice/piece/mouthful" etc. I don't know WHY this always works for me, but it does! Might want to try it, Hon....it beats having to say "no thanks" over and over and over! Once you've said it to as many people as offer you things you know you shouldn't have to eat, they WILL stop offering stuff like that to you! REALLY! Keep up the good work, Hon...and try that little sentence above...it's worked for me for a VERY long time! Good luck!

Love and (((hugs))),

Linda.

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2003 - 8:33am
Thanks! Your idea is probably better than "when you have a metal cylinder in YOUR heart, and are hoping not to need ANOTHER one, THEN why don't you tell me what's good and not good to eat...."
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-08-2003 - 9:28am
ROFLOL! ROFLOL!

Yeah.....mine is a bit more subtle.....but YOURS is MUCH more to the point!!!!! Maybe I'll try yours next time!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! ;0)

Love and (((hugs))),

Linda.