Scared - left bundle blockage?

iVillage Member
Scared - left bundle blockage?
Sat, 06-14-2003 - 9:53am
I went in for knee surgery on Thursday morning and because I have hypertension, they did an EKG. Let me back up. I am only 32 years old and have 2 children. When I had my first child back in 1994, I had Toxemia and was in intensive care - ever since then I have been on high blood pressure medicine and that has kept it under control. I have had EKGs everyear since then and nothing was ever said to me. Well, while waiting to go into surgery on Thursday, the doctor comes in and says that my EKG showed up a left bundle branch blockage. He said I was more than likely born with it and that it can show up during stress (and boy have I had a lot of stress). They told me that since I didn't have any symptoms - heart attack, 70 years old, chest pain, etc, that they wouldn't be too concerned, but to show it to my internist. Well..I was just told that something was wrong with my heart? I am so confused.

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-14-2003 - 12:16pm
Welcome, micsmom2...

Yes, your internist needs to be informed about this "new" development...especially since no one's picked it up before. BUT...you also need to see a good cardiologist who can manage your cardiac care from now on! Please ask your internist to refer you to a good cardiologist.....and post again soon and let us know how you're doing, okay? By the way....heart problems aren't always seen in 70 year olds with heart attacks and chest pains! Heart problems can (and DO!) occur at ANY age! Make sure you hook up with a good cardiologist who can recommend the proper medical care for your particular condition!

Welcoming (((hugs))),

Linda.