Long QT

iVillage Member
Long QT
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 7:51pm
Hi,

My name is Lauren and I am 22 years old. When I was 16, myself, my brother and my mom were all diagnosed with Long QT heart syndrome. If anyone out there can relate to my anxiety about this condition or suffers from it themselves please write to me. I feel very alone about this. I am still having a very hard time coping with stress and anxiety all brought on by my condition. Thanks,

Lauren
iVillage Member
In reply to: laur1980
Wed, 09-03-2003 - 11:16pm
Hi, Lauren, and welcome to the board!

I can certainly understand your anxiety over having this condition....but you know that stress and anxiety may only make your condition worse! Please address the whole issue of stress and anxiety the next time you see your cardiologist, okay? Below I've included a link about this illness. It may help you understand better what this illness may mean for YOU....I hope it's helpful! Let us know how you're feeling, okay? And please make an appointment to discuss all the ramifications of stress and anxiety and how those things may affect your heart.....and let us know what your cardiologist has to say? Here's that link....

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/2/1667_50277.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Good luck, Hon, and post often with updates on how you're feeling!

Welcoming (((hugs))),

Linda.