Need some advice

iVillage Member
Need some advice
Sun, 10-05-2003 - 6:22pm
Hi, Marley. My Mother has the same thing, but her EKG came back abnormal. SHe had to wear a holter monitor for 24 hours too. Now they want her to do the Sestimibi Stress Test.

IS there anyone out there that has had one of these done before? My Mother is scared of this test because they inject you with all kinds of radioactive stuff into your veins. She has a very sensitive stomach and thyroid problems, which she is on medication for. Can someone please tell me what it is like to have that test done? I am so worried about her.

Marley, so sorry to hear about all the pain you've been experiencing. My Mother can barely sleep at night. Her heart races away with her and it is so scary. I wish you all the best.

God Bless,

Kamallya
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2003 - 10:24am
Hi, Kamallya.......and welcome to the board!

I've had several Thallium stress tests done....it's not scary at all! I've put a link here about this test that you can read and maybe let your mother read as well. Wish her good luck from us here on the board....and let us know how she does, okay?

Here's that link....

http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/167/52951.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348}

Welcoming (((hugs))),

Linda.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-06-2003 - 9:46pm

Hi Kamallya... I too am so sorry to hear about the pain your Mom is having. Its an awful feeling. And VERY scary as well. Although I didnt personally have the Stress Test (with injection), my Dad did. He said it was bearable, but rough. The nature of the test is to push your heart to its limit and to very closely monitor it while doing so. I dont believe its painful... but from the sounds of it, it can be very tiring. Just make sure that your Mom has someone with her, in case she is worn out from the whole thing.

As for the racing.... wholly smokes.... lets talk about racing! Its awful... not only has it been racing, but POUNDING and flip/flopping. Its the worst feeling I've ever had in my life.

My biggest problem, (after 13 years of being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia) is that I am a skeptic of the medical profession. I really have some major trust issues going on when it comes to doctors. Hopefully your Mom is comfortable with her doctor. I believe that that is half the battle.

Good luck to her and to you. Take good care of each other. And thanks for your kind wishes! Best of luck!

Love Marley