PVC's, arrythmias & passing out (m)

iVillage Member
PVC's, arrythmias & passing out (m)
Tue, 10-07-2003 - 3:20pm
Nevermind...just whining about my PVC's...I'll get over it, LOL.

Edited 10/7/2003 4:23:49 PM ET by lynette3
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-07-2003 - 7:34pm
(((Lynette)))!!!!

Hon, you wanted to talk...and you should! PVC's are a real "pain in the butt", but what's with the passing out? When did that start? Have you told your doctor (you should!)? Don't NOT talk about what's on your mind, Lynette.....we ALL need to talk (AND complain too!) when we're feeling lousy. Come on back and post again and let us know what's going on, okay? We're here and we care!

Love and gentle (((hugs))),

Linda.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2003 - 9:19am
...thanks, I needed that hug. I've been through all the tests before, and of course they can't catch it in the act. Last weekend I had a very scary incident of PVCs while I was driving with my kids in the car and I started to pass out. I couldn't see well and had all this pressure in my ears. I managed to pull over (through 2 lanes of traffic) and by that time the event was PROBABLY over, but I was in a full-fledged panic attack. I realized I was very close to a hospital and drove myself in, my 5 year old was scared to death and sobbing in the back seat...of course my ekg was fine...again...the last time this happened was 1 1/2 years ago but this time was worse, so now I'm living in fear wondering if it will happen again...will my kids be in the car...will I be alone with them at home...what if my heart DOESN'T recover next time...I'm just dealing with a lot of anxiety right now.

I do have a cardiology appt in 2 weeks...but they won't catch anything, I know...

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2003 - 10:55am
((((LYNETTE))))!!!!!

That is SO scary! I'm glad you've got the cardio appointment...this itme around, ask him to run all the tests again.....and if they STILL find nothing wrong, have him refer to for a second opinion! I just KNEW you hadn't posted just to "moan" about PVC's! Your post was too - um - scared, maybe? Don't let the docs put you off anymore, Hon! Insist on them finding out what's causing the PVC's and what you can do to prevent further scary stuff happening while you're in the car (or home alone with the kids!)! You need to know! Good luck, Hon.....just try to take it as easy as you can, okay? Don't get too upset if you can avoid it.....anxiety attacks can make PVC's worse sometimes.....or happen more frequently! Let me know what happens, huh?

Love and very gentle (((hugs))),

Linda.