Marley, we have alot in common

iVillage Member
Marley, we have alot in common
Thu, 10-16-2003 - 7:43pm

Marley, I to have been told I have fibromyalgia. Small world. I have been in some sort of crisis in that area, not being able to get around for months a few years ago. But I too decided I was better off taking care of myself. i am stiff everyday, but have learned to live with it. Yes i am on two bp meds that don't seem to be working. I was at doc's office yesterday for bp check and of course it was too high. The nurse says, I don't think your meds are working, daaaa. Royce's brother wants me to go to Mayo in Jacksonville and have a cardiologist look at me there. My late hubby's cardio guy in Ohio agrees. I am going to give it a little longer with this guy. He's trying.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 7:40pm

Hey Betsy... its great to meet you. Its an awful catch 22 this Fibro isnt it. Your darned if you do as well as if you dont. Excercise, it hurts... dont excercise it still hurts... dont take meds it hurts.... take the darn meds it STILL hurts. Its a terrible terrible thing. I too am stiff everyday, and have learned to live with it. The hardest part for me is the pain and stiffness in my legs. Sometimes its even hard to walk. But if there's one thing I can say that I've learned from the challenge of having fibro its... to "count my blessings and to have faith and trust in myself". Once you lose sight of that... youre in trouble. At least thats my experience, and I try to keep telling myself.. that there is ALWAYS someone else out there who has it worse. And that gets me through. How about you?

As for the heart thing... well... I dont know what to think. The nurse who gave me the echo today... pretty much blabbed the results of the holter monitor that I had done last week. She said that despite the fact that I was noting heart palps, high BP, and racing.... nothing was showing on the holter.... Along with that, she sounded as if there was absolutely nothing wrong with the echo as well. She gave me this big lecture on stress and excercise... and said that I should speak with my GP about being on BP meds... she said that she has never ever seen anyone as young as me (37) on BP meds. She was soemthing else!

I dont know where to go from here. The symptoms are still VERY real... and like I said, I am so sick of the medical profession not having any answers! It makes we wanna do the same thing I did with the Fibro... throw away the meds, and say to heck with it all. It really makes me sick!

I sure hope they find out whats going on with you. It sounds at least like you have a few answers. But you really need to get to the bottom of it.

Anytime you like to chat, I'll be here... take care, good luck, love Marley