Finally got a call from the doc today..m

iVillage Member
Finally got a call from the doc today..m
Mon, 10-20-2003 - 11:36pm

Hi everyone... well... the long awaited call finally came in!

But, they wouldnt tell me anything over the phone. Secty just said "all the test results are in, and the doctor would like you to come in and see him" that was it. She wouldnt tell me anything.

I cant "connect" to see him till Thurs at 10 am. I am working tomorrow and he is not available Wed. So Thurs will have to do.

I am more nervous about it than ever... wish me luck!

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive through all this... Love to all, Marley

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-21-2003 - 10:42am

Marley,

Oh that's SO frustrating!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-21-2003 - 4:17pm

Marley, I understand being frustrated. I have an appt tomorrow to discuss the progress, or lack of, with my meds. We went camping this weekend and my bp was higher than ever. And this after I had finally sold my home in MI. So stress has nothing to do with this. I am having less chest pains, but woke up last night, not able to breath. It scares Royce to death when something like that happens. I have no idea what caused that and it took over an hour to get it back to normal. I am hoping tomorrow we get somewhere with a good bp med. My Mom had several strokes and I do not want that. I am less afraid of having a heart attack.

I hope you get some answers when you see your doc. My echo was o.k. except for my valve and left ventricle, which have been that way forever. Actually the fact that my cath and echo where o.k. is how they came up with this cardiac syndrome x thing. But it's frustrating getting it under control.

I am hoping he gives me the o.k. to go back to work tomorrow. I am going to help out in a little kitchen gourmet store here in town. I am an EMT, but can no longer ride rigs, so I am going to do something fun. Hopefully down the road I will be able to teach EMT's.

Let me know how your appt goes, good luck and don't take no or i can't figure it out for an answer, Betsy

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-21-2003 - 11:54pm

Thanks for the advice Betsy. They always say I dont know... or it must be in your head (in not so many words) thats whats so darn frustrating about this whole thing. Nonetheless, he did do some pretty specific tests, and we'll wait and see I guess.

I know what you mean to say that its so scary, for everyone. Us most importantly, but our family too. I cant walk up the stairs and I'm outta breath. It really sucks bigtime.

I'm back to work... I work in retail at a wholesale lumber store... a little stressful, both physical and mental.. at times... but most times.. more physically challenging. I enjoy it though. And its a new job for me, something totally different... and I like it. I'm sticking with it at least as long as I can. I sure hope that things work out for you in your plans to teach other EMT's, that would be wonderful. In the meantime, take it easy at this job! Dont over do it girl! I mean that. I know you're hearing that from Royce, but hear it from another that is in somewhat of the very same boat as you girl... dont "go" there... as they say. Go easy on yourself.

My appt is still Thurs, I called today to try and move it up, but the doctor is sick himself and not in till Thurs. so, I'll just have to wait... cause theres no way in Gawds green earth I'll be seeing that other idiot in his office. No way !

So, take care sweetie, good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes. Take good care now. Love Marley