The results are in...

iVillage Member
The results are in...
Sun, 10-26-2003 - 5:43pm

Hi to all..

Sorry I havent written sooner, but I've been working so hard, and when I'm home I'm just drained.

The doctor said that all the results (holter, xray, thyroid) were all NORMAL. And to be honest, I'm so ticked off. How the hell can your heart be RACING, with a BP of 199/108 and NOTHING show on the holter!

The BP is a bit better and the chest pain is all but gone. But the shortness of breath and palps are persistant. I am SO tired too. My thyroid tested 2.8, and I'm told by others with thyroid problems that this is very close to the hypothyroid limit which is 3.0

I am just so discouraged that they cant find anything, and again, I'm left to suffer it out, just like I do with the fibromyalgia. Its one of these INVISIBLE illnesses again. MY LUCK.

Anyhow, he is sending me for a stress test and has changed my BP med to something will slow my heart rate as well as lower the BP. So, what can I say. Still no answers!

Hope everyone is well, especially you and your Mom Kamallya.

Take care, love Marley

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-26-2003 - 7:06pm

Marley,

Oh Marley, I'm sorry you didn't find definite answers.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-27-2003 - 7:06am

Hi Jeanie...thanks

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-04-2003 - 9:22pm
Hi Marley

The one test you don't mention is an echocardiogram. It is really, really important to have an echo done so that they can find out if your heart has any structural problems like a sticky valve or walls that are too thick. Electrical problems (tachycardia is technically an electrical problem) can be caused by physical deformities in the heart itself.

I know it is a horrible strain to not get any treatment, but keep pressing your case until you get answers. A healthy person just doesn't get tachycardia for no reason. And hypothyroidism would cause a lower heart rate, I believe. It is hyperthyroid that makes it go faster.

I have hypothyroidism and a form of cardiomyopathy (my left ventricle is too thick), so I get it coming and going.

good luck,

iris

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-07-2003 - 11:51am

Hi Iris..

Thanks for responding. Yes, I did have an echo and it too came back normal. Everything has really settled down though since I started taking the atenolol 50mg. Apparently it supposed to not only control the bp but it actaully SLOWS the heart down.. an it HAS. My HR has been about 64-65 bpm since going on this med.. and BP has been excellent... 128/80 or so.