Glad to hear from you Marley

iVillage Member
Glad to hear from you Marley
Thu, 11-06-2003 - 4:43pm
HI, Marley. Yes, it can really make you mad when those docs. say nothing is wrong and you know for sure it is. That's what they told my Mother that the stress and echo were normal. But they did tell her to make sure to take it easy and not to overdo it. She has a tendency to way overdo it sometimes no matter how she feels. she really is a fighter, I hope I'm like that some day.

When is your stress test scheduled? I wish you luck. I am happy to hear that your chest pain is taking a break. BUt you say you're still having shortness of breath and palps? Bless your heart. I really hope and pray that things start to look up for you soon. I know it can certainly take it's toll. And you're dealing with fibromyalgia too? Oh my God. You are a fighter and a very strong person as well. You just have so much you have to deal with. I will be praying for you every night.

Well, better let you go I know you are tired and not feeling well. I will talk to you soon. Keep me posted on your condition.

Your friend,

Kamallya
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-07-2003 - 11:38am

Thank you sweeite. I appreciate everything you've done to help me through this.

I am feeling MUCH better on this new med. The shortness of breath and heart palps are almost gone. I can actually say that since starting this new med (atenolo 50 mg) that palps have been rare. I do however experience severe headaches... almost daily. I've been trying to 'suffer through" them by taking xtra strength tylenol and on occasion tylenol 3's.... and it works for the most part... but I cant go on taking those forever.

I'm seeing my doc again on Monday to follow up with him on the the thyroid tests. I was right on the boarder of being hypothyroid, and I want to ask him to try me on some mild thyroid meds to see if it'll help my overall health.

I've also got an appointment to see the cardiologist at the hospital on Jan... th 17th I think. For a stress test. I expect though that that will come back OK too... but you never know. Better safe than sorry. ANd we still dont know the actual CAUSE of this whole episode... so if for no other reason, I think its still wise for me to go.

I hope that your Mom IS taking it easy.. I know its hard to slow her down (like me).. I surpass my limits on a DAILY basis... but nonetheless... we HAVE to slow down when our body says so. Give her my best. Blessings to you both... Love marley