hi i'm new here and have a few ????'s

iVillage Member
hi i'm new here and have a few ????'s
Sat, 11-08-2003 - 9:51am
Hi...my name is jenn and i'm 30 yrs old. Lately i have been having this pain that usally comes when i'm laying in bed watching TV. The pain is right below my left breast and sometimes shots into my back left side. The pain lasts for a few minutes then goes away. I haven't been to the doctors about this because it always goes away and then i feel fine. I know i should make a appt. because my mom died at 51 of myocardio infaction and cardiovascular disease. She had a massive heart attack with her nitro in her hand. This was a year and ahalf ago. So i know this puts me at a higher risk plus i'm a smoker too. I did some reading up on the net about this pain and it comes to being stable angina or unstable angina. I can't really tell the difference between the two. Sorry for babbling on here but my questions are this...

1. does this sound like any of the pain anyone of you have had? If so,,what was your outcome after going to the doctors?

2. Could this be a early sign of a heart attack coming in the near feature??

iVillage Member
Hi Jenn. Women have many different kinds of symptoms of coronary disease -- I didn't happen to have the same kind of pain that you're experiencing, but that doesn't really mean anything.

I think it's very important what you wrote about your situation: You are at higher than average risk for coronary problems because of family history and smoking. You are right: You need to make an appointment. Please do so soon! Pains connected with coronary problems can in fact only last a little while and then go away and you feel fine afterwards. Just because they don't happen all the time, don't last very long and don't make you feel horrible all the time does NOT mean they're not symptoms of something serious. Maybe they're something totally unrelated to your heart, but there's only one way to know, and that's to get it thoroughly checked out by a medical professional. Please don't wait!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-09-2003 - 10:33am

Jenn,

Hi there.

iVillage Member
Jeanie...I have been having them off and on for about a month now but just until about a week ago the pain is coming more and more often. The pain lasts for about anywhere from 30 secs to a minute or two then it goes away. Someone told me that it was my gallbladder but then someone else said my gallbladder is on my right side not my left. And my left side is where the pain is.
iVillage Member
hi!

im 24 y.o. i first felt chest pain when i was 16, it lasted for only 5-10 seconds and so i ignored it.. then, 2 years later, i started having shortness of breath n skip beats.. n thats when when i went to see a doc, coz something's wrong when your heart stops a beat or two. and i was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse. im a smoked too and no matter how hard i try to quit i just cant...

im going to see my doctor later in the afternoon coz i have a questions myself about b.c pills and pregnancy...

u really should go to a cardio n have it checked out.. its better to be sick n eduacted about it than be sick n ignorant about it. if u know what i mean? for two years ive been ignorant about my heart prob.. n for 6years ive been ignoring my doc's warning not to smoke hehehehe but, i think ive come to a point where im no longer just answering for my self. im engaged u see:) so, im taking care of myself now now that im gonna have a family soon:)

tc n good luck with your appointment..

*~~**kynne**~~*