Update to heart valve recovery

iVillage Member
Update to heart valve recovery
Sat, 11-08-2003 - 12:34pm
Just an update to my situation. On Wednesday I went to the emergency room, my heart was beating to hard & so long. The doctor said I was in Vtech. Anyway to make a long story short. They kept me over night and on Monday I go back to the hospital for an ablation. It's an outpatient proceedure where they go into my groin area vein & take a look at the how the electric things are connecting in my heart. They think that something is no connecting. The doctor said for some reason the medication stopped working, so he tweaked it a little & told me to rest until monday.

I am glad they found out what's wrong, there is nothing worse when you know something is wrong, but they think it's panic attacks. They will definitely know if it works before I leave the hospital, but I guess there is a chance they may have to do it again.

I have faith in God that I will be alright. I know that he will be with me & working through the doctors hands. I'll post the result after the proceedure.

Thanks for all the info.

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-08-2003 - 6:08pm
Thanks for letting us know what's going on. As I said before, I'm no doctor and certainly can't be offering medical advice, but it sure didn't sound like a "panic attack" to me. I'm glad you're finally getting some answers. It's not a great feeling to find out that something is "wrong," but in many cases that's a lot better than not knowing what's going on.

Good luck.