upper back pains...

iVillage Member
upper back pains...
Fri, 11-14-2003 - 12:21am
Hi, everyone

I am new to this board, and I was hoping someone could help me out.

I am 24 years old and I have had MVP since I was about 18 years old, with no regurgitation. I had an echocardiogram recently, and my doc said that I already have a little thickening of my heart walls starting, which I thought was strange since I've never been overweight or been an unhealthy eater.

I often have MVP symptoms (mostly chest pain and irregular heart beats). Today, I had a very strange sensation in my back and I am worried it has to do with my heart. I was bending over shining a pair of shoes (I shine shoes part-time for money) and I got this really sharp, stabbing pain in my upper middle back. I felt it most when I took deep breaths, and when I bent over. I also began to get a little bit sweaty and dizzy but I don't know if those symptoms were from my worry that it was my heart or not. The pain lasted several minutes, and gradually went away, along with the dizziness and sweatiness.

I know that the obvious conclusion would be that I threw my back out, but I wasn't even moving my back when it happened, so I don't think it is that. Also, I have no back pain now, but I have been having a little bit of chest pain tonight--the same I always have with my MVP. Am I a complete hypocondriac to think that I could have had a little heart attack? If so, do I need to see my doctor about it, or would he be able to do anything after the fact, anyway?

I really appreciate any help or advice anyone would be able to give...thank you all so much.

Sincerely

Teri

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-14-2003 - 2:04pm

Teri,

Welcome!