Question about heart blockage?

iVillage Member
Question about heart blockage?
Mon, 02-09-2004 - 7:16am

Hi all! I am new to this board, but not to ivillage. Last week my dad had the stress test done...the one where they stimulate your heart for you. Well, they got the results back and they said that he has a blockage in the lower part of his heart. He is 65, has diabetes, and had a stroke 3 years ago. I am very worried about this. The doctor said it wasn't an emergency but he did want to see him soon to talk about it. He didn't really say much else, b/c he said he didn't want to get into it over the phone. So he has an appointment on Thursday.

Now, my question is.....Does anyone know much about this? What this means? My parents live 4 hours away from me, so I'm trying to find out as much as I can and call my

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 9:11pm

Mandy,

Hello there!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2004 - 9:51pm

Hi. All I really know is that he tried the stress test where he got on a treadmill and he couldn't do it. But the

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 12:20pm

Mandy,

What happened w/the doctor's appointment on Thursday?

- Jeanie

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 1:18pm

It was great news!! The dr. said that it was a small blockage in the lower portion of his heart. If it had been the upper portion then he would have been worried. But he said that he should lose some weight (he's only 6' and 200 lbs!) so it would be easier on him, and he has to watch his cholesteral...and start exercising more. But he goes back to the cardiologist in 6 months to make sure the blockage hasn't gotten worse.

I really appreciate everyone's advice & support!! Thanks so much!!