Sharp Pain

iVillage Member
Sharp Pain
Wed, 02-11-2004 - 9:48am
Hi,

I am a 23 year old woman, in general good health. I have been noticing over the past two years that I will occasionally get extremely sharp pains that last for about a second each in my chest. They come and go randomly, and I don't feel they are stress induced. They started right in the middle of my chest and this morning I felt them along my rib under my left breast. They are very fast and instense. I went to a cardiologist and wore a monitor for 48 hours and although I had the pain once or twice while wearing the harness, they said they couldn't find anything. Has anyone else experianced this?

iVillage Member
In reply to: canadiangirl80
Wed, 02-11-2004 - 11:41am
I get those. I am not sure what it is. I think mine is back related.

My cardio told me to do a simple test. Take an OTC acid blocker for a month and see if it helps. If it does, then the sharp pain may be an ulcer or reflux.

My pain has since gone away and I think it's because I started back excercises.

Good luck,

Lucky

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-16-2004 - 12:17pm

Canadiangirl,

Welcome.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-20-2004 - 2:03pm
I get this too. I'm 25, and I don't remember when it started. But it's strange - it happens so fast, and just as quickly as it comes, it's gone!

I suppose it could be gas, although it doesn't feel anything like the normal heartburn or indigestion I sometimes get. But gas can travel anywhere in the body, my mother even had it trapped in her shoulder before!