Palpitations

iVillage Member
Palpitations
Sat, 03-20-2004 - 9:01am
I have had almost constant heart palpitations for pretty close to a year. I have seen a cartiologist and have had all the tests done. All showed fine yet the palpitations continue..24 hours a day...7 days a week. He said they are not dangerous but did give me a prescription that was suppose to stop them because they were/are driving me CRAZY!! It did not work. My blood pressure is fine. I am diabetic, but I am on medication and it is under control. I have high colesteral and am on medication but it still runs in the 210 range. I am 60 years old. I exercise regularily with no problems. I am slighly overweight, but not obese. I drink only one cup of regular coffee a day but I do have several cups of decaffinated in addition. I have no chest pain associated with the palpitations. I am not really concerned health wise, it's just VERY annoying. Should I accept that this is with me for life, or push for something else? Has anyone else had this problem and found something that helped? Any suggestions will be most appreciated!!

Thanks,

Betty