Fluid in Lungs/Fatal

iVillage Member
Fluid in Lungs/Fatal
Thu, 04-22-2004 - 5:59pm
It will be one year on Memorail Day that my 13 yr. old son's daddy passed away. He called us, could barely speak saying that he "could not breath". (he had just brought our son home an hour earlier). I called 9-1-1 and rushed to his home (which was 3 miles away).We arrived to see him on a stretcher and intime for him to tell our son, "I love you, Bud" (with much difficulty) and then they put him in the ambulance. That was the last time we saw him alive. His lungs had filled with fluid....due to a prior heart attack that he had blamed on a pulled muscle or something else....he had ignores the signs. Since this terrible event I have also found out another sign that he had missed...is a toothache. He had recently gone to his dentist with a toothache. His feet had also given him touble.

Ironically...sadly, last week I received 4 "coupons" from an insurance company (he had dropped) which were from a class action suit....they were 4 physical examinations for him ...for the next 4 years!

Dandelion

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-22-2004 - 8:22pm

Dandelion,

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-23-2004 - 2:44am
Yes, we are in grief counseling for parents & children. My son's dad was only 49 yrs. old...too young. We had been divorced for 10 years but were close friend in the end...thank God. I had tried to get him to take better care of himself..but he was stubborn & prayed about anything that crossed his path : )...me included probably.

dandelion

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 7:46am
So sorry for you r loss. My sister has Mitral Valve prolapse and she is scared to go to the dentist b/c I believe it is common for people with her condition to get very sick afterwards. She must go on antibiotics for 10 days before a dental visit. When you mentioned toothache it rang a bell. Again, so sorry for your loss. Thank God you and your son had a chnance to see him before he passed.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-24-2004 - 12:02pm

It is very important to take antibiotics prior to any dental work with MVP.

Hugs,

Cecilia