PLEASE read

iVillage Member
PLEASE read
Sun, 06-27-2004 - 10:20am
Hi, I am very scared and freaked out right now. I just woke up with chest pians in the upper left section of my chest uunder my left breast and a little in the middle of breasts. It was sharp pains that got worse when I breathed deeply, and I couldnt even breath deep enough. I had to take shallow breaths. This lasted about 3 min., then went away and I could breathe deep and normally. I had this yesterday to. I am very scared that it is the first sign of a heart attack. I am only 20 yrs. old abd a female, but it really freaked me out. Should I be this worried? My Dad said he's gotten those before and not to worry about it, but these are the only times I've gotten it. I am going to make an appointment with my doc tomorrow, but what do you guys think? I read some other posts like mine, so it seems to be kind of common. I am really scared, and some advice would really help. Maybe advice from those of you who have had a heart attack before. Thank you.
iVillage Member
In reply to: codybear22
Tue, 06-29-2004 - 9:10am

Don't worry.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-29-2004 - 1:33pm

First of all welcome to this fine caring board.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-30-2004 - 6:37am
Ali, thanks for your response, and I am sorry about your father. My grandmother had a heart attack, and I think my grandpa did too, but both survived. It's funny you said it was just gas, b/c that night I did have bad gas. (blushes:) I was burping, and you know what else all night and morning. The weird thing is though, I have had gas before, and this is the first time I ever got those pains. I havent made an appointment with my doc, yet, I think I'll wait. BTW, your kitty looks just like my BF's cat! He's so cute. His name is Theron.:) He is so wild and crazy.:) Thanks again.:)
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2004 - 12:46am
I agree w/ali.its good to go the DR, but i think it is gas.I go to a cardiologist regulary for a heart condition, when I mentioned to him at my last visit. His opinion was it was not my heart, but a stomach problem. My upper chest hurt the pain when up my left arm and at times was very painful.Under my rib cage.

I have gone to the gastoenteroligist (sp?) he confirmed what my cardiologist stated..it is a gas problem, pressure.He put me on medication...while I still feel it at times..its not as often as before.

I think you will be fine.

JMHO

Hope