Missed Beats?

iVillage Member
Missed Beats?
Mon, 07-12-2004 - 2:13pm
Little background. I had baby number 2 February 24th 2003. My 30th Birthday. Easter Sunday of that year I drove myself to the hospital. I thought I was having a heart attack. I had a pounding heart kind of a ditanct floating head feeling, stomach flip flpos and just a general fear of I was dying. Anyway the Er doc said I needed to lay of the caffine. I was given an EKG and nothing abnormal there. He also took blood work to check my sugar level. Normal. I was dealing with alot, worried about money, just had a baby, possible cancer of the thyroid just a whole lot. I did some research I beleive it was anxiety and so did my pcp. I was put on Zoloft. Now, I have missed beats. it feels as if my heart is doing flutters. If I am taking my pulse when one happens I can actually tell that the missed beat has happened. I went to my ob for an annual he said my blood pressure was too high and sent me for another ekg. It was normal except for a little fast. So he has set me up with a referral to a cardio. Are all these related? Do I have something serious? I otherwise feel fine. I am off the Zoloft and have weight to lose that much I know.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-13-2004 - 10:38am

Welcome to this fine board.

Hugs,

Cecilia