New Here!!!

iVillage Member
New Here!!!
Sun, 07-18-2004 - 11:41pm
Hi, My name is Angela. I am 24, a full time student, and single mom to Kristofer Robin, age two. At the age of 19, I was diagnosed with tachycardia (a rapid heart beat) and put on a medication to control it called atenolol. My symptoms were sleeping a lot and still feeling tired and achy muscles. The doc ran a battery of tests and found nothing wrong except a fast beat. However, every time i go to the doctor, she always wants to know why i'm on it, and runs the same tests over again. Always the same results, nothing wrong. She thinks it is caused by being over weight, so I am willing to take this bet, and she put me on a diet and I work out. Anyway, just a little about me, I am a nursing major and I hope to get to know everyone on this board.

Angela ~

Angela~

iVillage Member
In reply to: angelcharms06
Mon, 07-19-2004 - 12:49am

Angela,

Welcome to this fine board.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-19-2004 - 12:56pm
The diet has not really helped except for staying away from caffiene, which I am sure as everyone knows, is a stimulant. I don't know if the weight loss will help or not, I have lost weight before and it did not help, however the doc I have now says I need to weigh at least 30 pounds less than my lowest weight (when I got married I weighed 170, doc says i should weigh 135).

Did you give it enough time to get into your system before experiencing the ill effects?>>>

The medication has helped a lot, the symptoms I was experiencing, went away when I got on the medication.

I am not in the RN program yet, I have one more class I have to take first, Microbiology, which I will take this fall. Then I get to apply and pray I get in.

Angela ~

Angela~

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 3:16pm

Angela,

Perhaps with time the diet will help.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-20-2004 - 9:42pm
This isn't new, I have known about it for five years. They do an echo every year and it's always the same results. They find NOTHING.

Good luck with micro! I took it as a summer class and it went fast and furious for the most part. But I actually found it challenging and interesting. I have my fingers crossed that you enter the nursing program soon. It will be one of the most rewarding things in your life.>>>>>>>

Thanx, I appreciate this. I took physiology for summer school this summer. I missed an A by just 9 points. I have my fingers crossed too, if I am lucky I will get in for fall of 05, if there is a miracle, i'll get in for spring of 05.

Angela ~

Angela~