i still have a few questions

iVillage Member
i still have a few questions
Tue, 07-27-2004 - 10:49am
i'm sorry i did say 11 stents it should have read 7 stents. well my GED got released from the hopsital mon. late afternoon, he has to return today for a scope & a resting stress test, mon he did the stress test on the tredmill. he answered my question about if i ahould back away from him, thank goodness that was the last thing he wants. sat i did not see him because i had to work xtra late & missed visiting hrs & a mutual friend who did see him said i was the only thing GED could talk about. sun i had to go out of town not to return til late, so once again i missed him. mon i went once again to miss him because he was out for testing, so i left a note, card & flowers, then off to work. called him later to explain i had to be in early to work. later i made it back in time for his release, i stayed at his house til midnight when his son got there, we watched tv & he rested. i was wondering what they will be looking for when they scope him? because so far no reason for chest pain. the doc told us maybe over excertion from lifting. hopefully that was all & don't find anything when they perform the scope. what's next if everything ok on the last 2 tests more tests or just checkups? if he wasn't ok would the hospital have released him? oh ya his bp was very low & shouldn't they have been worried about that? maybe i'm just scared because i lost a gparent to heart attack.

thanks your advice really helped.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-28-2004 - 11:21am

what's next if everything ok on the last 2 tests more tests or just checkups? if he wasn't ok would the hospital have released him? oh ya his bp was very low & shouldn't they have been worried about that? maybe i'm just scared because i lost a gparent to heart attack.
thanks your advice really helped.

It sounds like with them scoping him they are thinking this is gastric related.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-29-2004 - 10:54am
2 days shy of being a wk since GED entered the hospital for chest pain & tightening of the chest & throat. since then no other chest pain or thightening in the throat. early next wk he will go to the cartiologist who placed the stents (doc out til then). while there they will perform a cath test & look more in depth at the 7 stents to see if they are still working properly. his docs around here have done everything & also the scope w/ finding nothing. maybe since the cartiologist specializes more in this type of thing, he can be of better help. it would be great if doc gave "the all clear" & all this was caused by overdoing things. no type of rehab was offered to him after his heart attack almost 2 yrs ago & so far nothing has been offered after this either. this surprises me to some extent since another friend who had the same procedure (diff doc) a little over the same 2 yr mark is still in rehab. maybe GED needs to request rehab also.

thanks for all of the support & all the info. will keep everyone updated after GED sees the cartiologist.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-30-2004 - 11:43am

Suggesting rehab would be a good thing.

Hugs,

Cecilia