Low blood pressure anomalie - name???

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-17-2004
Low blood pressure anomalie - name???
Tue, 08-17-2004 - 5:04pm
Hello ladies,

my cousin has a blood pressure anomaly for which i am trying to find a name (to begin with) and go from there to do some research on the web.

She has low blood pressure which is not a dangerous condition in itself, but she often gets very tired and dizzy the older she gets (she is 22 now). She has seen many hear specialists b/c she used to have heart problems as a chid, but those have been resolved and are not related to this weakness she feels now.

She describes her problem as "merging of the measurements," which i am not too sure how to explain. She says that a doctor in Bulgaria has diagnosed her as having her two measurements in her blood pressure getting closer and closer together over the years. She says that there is nothing that can be done about this and it's very dangerous and can lead to a sroke.

Of course i don't believe that there is nothing that can be done and I am sure that there is medecine for it. She staying with me in Philadelphia for the summer, but she is on a exchange student visa and thus does not have good medical coverage if any. So i want to do as much free research on the web as possible before i take her to a doctor and shed a few hundred dollars.

Does anyone know what this is and what the condition is called?

thank you,


iVillage Member
Registered: 04-14-2003
Thu, 08-19-2004 - 4:32pm


First of all, welcome to this fine board.