constant chest pressure

iVillage Member
constant chest pressure
Mon, 09-06-2004 - 10:43am
I am concerned about some symptoms I have been experiencing and am in the hopes that someone else may have experienced the same.

Two nights ago, I awoke hot, sweating, and lightheaded. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom, but the feeling continued. I awoke my husband and told him how lightheaded and hot I was. He was holding me when I passed out and he laid me on the floor, where he says I was not responding. I came to soon after, and was able to cool down and eventually fell back asleep with no interruptions for the rest of the night. However, the feeling of nausea, lightheadedness, and uncomfortable warmth leaves me uneasy.

Since the incident, I have had constant chest pressure - it feels like I am being suffocated, or that someone is pressing hard on my chest. It is not hard to breathe (though it feels like I should be breathing faster because of the discomfort). I have had similar pain in the past; a year and a half ago I felt this pain for at least a month, where I went to the hospital for a chest x-ray and EKG, and met with my doctor. Nothing out of the ordinary was found. I am wondering if these incidents are in any way related. Also, four years ago, I spent several months feeling lightheaded - all the time - and had an MRI done, which again found nothing wrong.

Could these incidents be related? I am a healthy, active 27-year old and just want some answers. I am making a doctor's appointment for this week, and plan to bring my husband to explain what he observed several days ago.

I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2004 - 2:38pm

Welcome to this fine board of folks.

Hugs,

Cecilia