tia?

iVillage Member
tia?
Tue, 09-21-2004 - 9:08pm
I am not sure if I am on the right board, as no one seems to have a definative answer for me in terms of diagnosis. Last week, I woke up about 12:30 in the morning and just had a really weird thing....I looked towards a night light in the next room, and if seemed as if I were looking through a waterfall. It was weird, but I figured I just woke up too quickly. Then I got up to let the dog out and as I came back up the stairs, it sounded as if a jet engine was going off in my head - so loud! My vision was all distorted and this went on for about 3 hours. The walls were close and then far away, and it was just too weird. So called the doc in the morning - had to leave a message. No one called, and finally called my neurologist (3pm by now)He told me to go straight to the ER. All they could tell me (besides the fact I couldn't remember a lot and was a lot tongue-tied) was that they "thought" there was something on the right side of my brain in the cat scan they did and wanted to repeat in a few days. After several hours, was sent home. Went to bed - and gee, what do you think happened? Another freaky attack of whatever - this time went straight to ER. This guy thought it was a seizure. So now....have no idea. Paperwork I cam home with said TIA, neuro said maybe, more not sure - all types of tests forthcoming. Just a lot of waiting. Anyone have similar symptoms, and have a definative diagnosis??? Could really appreciate the help here! Thanks - Liz
iVillage Member
In reply to: lizfoley
Wed, 09-22-2004 - 1:18pm

Liz,

Welcome to this fine board.

Hugs,

Cecilia