mystery condition......

iVillage Member
mystery condition......
Sun, 01-23-2005 - 7:18pm

Ok, here are my symptoms: I have episodes- heart pounding and racing, diffculty breathing, light headed. those are the 'constant' symptoms. I have them a few times a day, some worse than others. Bad ones i have to lay down immediately for about 15-20 min unless my vision will start to dim and my ears get full and i'll start to sweat and i know i'll pass out. I hadn't been having chest pain, just when i would have a hard time breathing, it would feel like my chest was constricted and like i just ran a mile or two in the cold. That burning/aching feeeling in your chest/lungs when you breathe. I have now started to have some stabbing chest pains on and off, mainly on the left sideof chest, but ocasionally on the right, though not often. And also the breathing thing is starting to be an almost all the time thing- but not as bad as during an episode. Like i just jogged out to my mail box in the cold, instead of the feeling that I ran a few miles full speed.

I don't drink caffeine an have ot wach my sugar anyhow because i am hypoglycemic. I am pregnant with my 3rd child, but have never had anythign like this happen. It started arounf my 7th week and has progressively gotten worse and more numerous in episodes( I am now 24 weeks along). I am in good health- no smoking, or drinking( of course), healthy weight. I have had an ECG, tested my thyroid, my iron level,D-Dimer test( slightly elevated, but he said not enough to indicate a clot.), a holter monitor that indicated some rare problem wiht the upper part of my heart in a ventricle(??), but said it wasn't related to my trouble, and then we also ruled out MVP. He said the baby is fine and is not effected by this and has since just said it was pregnancy. I am not accepting that. SOMETHING Has to be casuing this even if my pregnancy has triggred it, ya know?

Any kind of exersion triggers my episodes, though sometimes i can be at rest and have them occur.

ANy guesses anyone?? Any thoughts would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you,
Jen
24/F

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-25-2005 - 3:33pm

Jen, welcome to this fine board of folks.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-25-2005 - 7:51pm

Thanks Cecilia for your input and support (= I very much appreciate it!

Many blessings,
Jen (=

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-28-2005 - 10:49am

Jen-

Get this checked out! Ask for a blood test and have them check your troponin levels...this is a cardiac enzyme that leaks if any of your heart tissues are damaged. If your levels are elevated...it's a great place to start.

I had these same symptoms in October (i sympathize with you..they're horrible) and was hospitalized for 5 days. They even did an angiogram on me. I'm only 32. I had a condition called myocarditis...webmd has a good definition. myocarditis is a viral infection in the heart. I semi-recovered but recently had some more episodes and was hospitalized for 63 days earlier this week. I'm not getting the right answers with my current cardiologist. So I'm seeking a second opinon. I'm also visiting with my PCP today and he is talking about putting me on some type of event monitor that I wear for 30 days to detect what's going on.

Hope this helps you. Keep me posted on what you find out.

Myrna.