EKG results?

iVillage Member
EKG results?
Thu, 03-17-2005 - 10:41am

I was just diagnosed with an abnormal sinus rhythm and was told I am bradycardic (HR is 58). I have to make an appt with a cardiologist. My Taber's dictionary mentions that sinus arrhythmia has no clinical significance. My cholesterol is great and I eat right and exercise every day. Normal BP is 90/60. Other than that, I'm a life long asthmatic with a little scarred lung tissue, and I'm still under 40 years old. Is there any significance to being bradycardic with an abnormal sinus rhythm? Thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, I think it's great that an RN such as yourself takes the time to volunteer here to help with everyone's problems. Thank you!

iVillage Member
In reply to: racejunkie
Thu, 03-17-2005 - 1:16pm

First of all welcome to this fine board.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
In reply to: racejunkie
Sat, 03-19-2005 - 7:17am

Thanks for the advice and encrouagement. My BP has always been that low, even before I started my exercise program, so I don't know how else to be :) I walk between 2 and 5 miles a day at around 3.5mph on a treadmill. (I'm unemployed right now, otherwise I would only have the time to squeeze in 2 miles every day).

Anyway, my asthma has been pretty well controlled until I came down with a UTI in Feb. Since then, I've been having SOB and mild episodic chest pain. Strange huh? The SOB doesn't feel like the normal sob associated with asthma and that's the reason for the cardio recommendation.

What tests can I expect? The pulmo mentioned an echo. What would that reveal? I'm allergic to shellfish (history of anaphylaxis to food allergies), so I really don't want to have any tests that involve dye. What are some typical dye tests?

Thanks again!