Heart Cath and recovery

iVillage Member
Heart Cath and recovery
Mon, 04-04-2005 - 9:50am

I had my heart cath done on Mar 17. It is still very painful down the inside of my leg. Can it take this long to heal? Granted they did nothing as they found only the viral infection, but I did have the severe bleeding afterward. They keep telling me women take longer than men to heal, but it's been 2 1/2 weeks. Is this normal?

Just so scared,
Chris

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2005 - 2:10pm
If your heart cath is the same thing as my angiogram (they go in through your groin to look at your heart)I don't think you should be experiencing discomfort for two and a half weeks. I had it done twice and didn't suffer any discomfort. I think you should talk to your doctor about it. Debbie
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2005 - 2:25pm

Chris,

You should not be having ill effects from your cath this late after the procedure.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2005 - 10:11am

Well, I found the pain is coming from the muscle. They were using a new device to put the pressure on the site. It's like a Vice! Hurts like heck too! But when they removed it, I started to bleed profusely, TWICE!!!! Lost quite a bit of blood. So I had to have that stupid device on for about 5 hours. My dh said my leg looked like a pancake it was so smashed down. Went and had it massaged yesterday and it is doing a little better today. But I am still so incredibly weak. Maybe it is from the blood loss. They did get me plasma to replace what I lost, but I still get so tired. They ran a blood test on me last week and my red cell count was low and so was my platelet count. Any clues to what that is about?

Chris