Tachyarehythmia

iVillage Member
Tachyarehythmia
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 1:00pm
Hello,
I'm new to this board. I used to be at the Pet Bereavement board a lot. When my cat died 4 years ago everyone there helped me so much, so I thought this would be the place to come now when I am faced with another "heartache"
A couple weeks ago my husband rushed me to the er because my heart was racing and missing beats. It lasted for 1-1/2 hours. I was so scared, that I started hyperventilating. It finally converted and they wanted me to stay but I went home. I saw a cardiologist and my dr the next day and they don't think it's "that serious" and that it's not a problem with my heart. I had an echosonogram this week to be sure that there was no damage to my heart, but the results aren't back yet.
Anyway ever since then I have had 2-3 more episodes of this whatever. I looked it up on line and the best I can figure out is that it is Tachyarehythmia. Rapid irregular heart beats. But the dr. never told me this is what I have.
I am just wondering if anyone here has this. These episodes are so scary my chest doesn't hurt but the dizziness and just weird feeelings are scaring me. I don't know what's causing it or how to stop it. I was just sitting in my chair at work a little while ago talking with my boss and my heart felt like it skipped a beat and I just got really scared and felt like I was going to pass out.
If anyone can relate to this please let me know how you deal with it without getting yourself all worked up and scared. I hyperventilated so bad my hands and feet cramped up. I am scared I am going to die every time my heart freaks out like this.
Sorry for such a long post. I could probably go on but don't want to bore everyone. I just need to find somebody that can relate to just chat with.
Thanks for listening and Have a Great Day Everyone.
Pam
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 2:04pm

Pam,

Welcome to this wonderful board.

Hugs,

Cecilia

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2005 - 2:14pm
Hi Cece,
Thank you for your warm welcome and thoughts and suggestions. I did have my Thyroid checked and it is normal. I am 44 years old. I am 5-7" and weigh about 130. I walk and run the bleachers at the track every day. I don't know why this is happening!
I am just so scared that one of these episodes will happen while I'm driving. I am just scared period!
Sorry to be such a whimp.
Thanks again,
Pam
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2005 - 12:59am

Hi tusconfrisco. I really have a good idea of how you feel. One day, about two or three weeks ago, I went to the hospital. I woke up struggling to catch my breath. My heart was beating very fast and I felt so tired. I was scared for my life. I had prayed and so had my mother and I had felt better, but later on the symptoms came back to a lesser degree and I decided to go to the hospital. The doctors report said that it was trachycardia (rapid heartbeat) and hyperventilation. I was basically told to relax and the nurse said that I should drink more water. I did, but things still weren't right. This was a real scary time for me. I was listening to healing scriptures so much. They were such a blessing to me. I had the faith for my healing. I just knew that sometimes the Lord chooses to heal through the doctors and nurses. That is where the difficulty came in. I didn't want to go back to the hospital, but I kept feeling like I should. I called ems about two days ago with the same symptoms and wasn't even taken to the hospital. I was told that nothing was wrong and that maybe if I had a man, it would help me to relax. That shows you how seriously they took me. Again, I went back home.
Friday afternoon, my mom and I were walking somewhere and I could barely walk. I thought that I would be ok if I could just make it to the church on the next block. I thought there would be a service going on, and that someone there could help me if there was. There wasn’t. I just thank Jesus that He gave me the strength to walk to that church. When I was weak, He was strong. Jesus is so awesome. He definitely set things up on my behalf. I looked across the street and saw someone going into this church where my mother and I had visited many times before. This church had been closed for weeks. I asked, “Is that Pastor Ross?” I didn’t have the strength to go across the street. So my mother went for me. It turned out that it was him, and he called ems. He even came and prayed for me. It was hard waiting for the ems, but again, Jesus gave me the strength. They came, and took me to a different hospital than the one I went to before. It was a long wait, but not as long as it could have been. After several tests, they discovered it was dehydration. Thank You Jesus that dehydration was all it was. It could have been more serious. I was given almost two bags of sodium chloride (saline). I couldn't drink enough water to get all that I was lacking. I was on a salt free diet. Now, I realize that I need salt and I plan to get some liquid minerals. I needed electrolytes and minerals. As a result of the dehydration, I was passing ketones in my urine. I need to make more changes in my diet also. I am eternally grateful and thankful to Jesus for healing my body and for letting me know what was going on and for keeping me alive and giving me His strength when I needed it. That's my experience, and although I know we were dealing with different conditions, I was thinking that there may be some similarities and I hope it provides you with some helpful insight. *hugs*

Love,
Nickle

Edited 5/16/2005 1:39 am ET ET by nicolenickle
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-20-2005 - 4:19pm

That is exactly what I have. I am 33 y/o female with diabetes for 5 years now. Same thing happened to me, went to ER (it happened on a night I had a few glasses of wine) Then I went in for cardio appt and did the echo test and the cardiologist said your heart is perfectly fine and sent me home. I stay up all night scared because the irregular beats happen all thetime.. Mostly when I am resting because I can feel it more. I put my hand on my neck where you can feel that pulse and I can feel it go thump...thump....thump.....pauuuuuuuuse.......thump and when it pauses my head feels funny and I feel dizzy. it is really scary! I am thinking of getting a second opinion. My cardiologist said it is kind of common in women 30-60 yrs old. Question - do you drink alot of nutra sweet? I read an article that this could be part of the cause andsince I am diabetic all I drink is Diet coke!

Ashnrysmom

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2005 - 1:08pm
Hello, Thank you for getting back to me. It is good to have someone relate to. Even though it is under such circumstances. Yes I was drinking TONS of diet soda. Since my heart episode I have given up coffee and diet soda. I just drink water and yes occassionaly wine. My Dr. put me on inderal and I have felt better then ever. However, my eyesight has been giving me some problesm lately and I also heard that this can cuase heary irregularities too. Good Luck. Please let me know how you are doing.
Take Care-Pam