test results ambiguous

iVillage Member
test results ambiguous
Mon, 11-14-2005 - 5:59pm
While waiting for my gallbladder operation my doctor said I should get a heart check, as he noticed I was out of breath. I had a ekg.echocardiogram,a stress test(after which i was given the nuclear test.)Instead of making me do the treadmill again they gave me a drug to speed up my heart. I had jaw pain and was out of breath as if i had run the treadmill.(Im 52 and both my father and his father died of heart attacks at age 49) The results werent in yet when I went for pre-op,so the anesthesia dr. asked me what happened at the test and I told her,She said the jaw pain is almost a dead givaway that I have coronary artery disease but it might not be bad and felt that they would cancel my surgery that was just days away. They told me they were in contact with the heart dr and could proceed but gave me no results, I did get a shot of blood thinner before surgery. When I talked with my own dr. he said that the stress test had given me a false-positive but the NIBI (nuclear) test showed I was fine. Im so glad,but confused.--what about the jawpain and sorthness of breath, and since I have had 3 operations in the last 4 yrs. this was this the first time I got a bloodthinner. Does this mean that if i were to have a hear attack that i would likely have jawpain rather than chest pain? if im so good(and it looks that way) why does my heart do such funny fluttery(sort of spasm) thingie once in a while? Please forgive my seeming paronoia about my health. thank-you in advance dory
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-17-2005 - 12:03pm

Hi Dory,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, I have a broken wrist which makes it hard to type.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com