Am I just being paranoid?

iVillage Member
Am I just being paranoid?
Tue, 12-27-2005 - 10:32pm
Hi everyone. I saw my regular Dr today to see how the Atenolol has been working for me. I still have some episodes where my heart will race and then the anxiety starts. Oh, I only take half of a 25mg pill. I forgot to tell him that sometimes it feels like my heart skips a beat or 2 and then I feel like I have to take a deep breath to straighten it out again. I asked him about taking CoQ10 or Taurine, but he doesn't know anything about them. Anyway, maybe more for my own piece of mind he's going to have me see a cardiologist. I've had an echo, holter moniter and stress test all done within the past 3 years. Apparently everything is ok. Can anyone tell me what to expect at the Cardiologist's. And what questions should I ask? I take Nexium for acid reflux, Benicar for High Blood pressure, Atenolol to slow down the PVC's and Pravachol for Cholestrol.
Or am I just going crazy?? LOL
Thanks so much,
Rhonda
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2005 - 6:21pm

Hi rhonda,

Sorry i didn't post sooner,

Image hosted by Photobucket.com   
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-31-2005 - 10:58pm
Hi Melissa,
My regular Dr sounded like it was nothing to worry about, but I want to hear it from a cardiologist for my own peace of mind. It's nice to know that there are others out there dealing with the same or similar issues. He has mentioned "stress" alot. But being 50 years old with the hormones changes and a grown family as well as a 9 year old special needs son at home how or where do you get rid of the stress? LOL They haven't invented that magic pill yet.
Thanks for your reply,
Rhonda