COPD & High BP

iVillage Member
COPD & High BP
Tue, 01-03-2006 - 11:27am
Hello All, I'm the newbie here, this is my first post in this community board.
I'm wondering if anyone else here has COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
along with high blood pressure. I am presently on Lotrel for the BP and take Advair
and use a Combi-Vent inhaler to ease some of the COPD symptoms.
Just curious as to what meds some of you may be on ,and are you seeing some improvement
in your quality of life with their use ?
Thanks for any feedback,
Steve
Community Leader
Wed, 01-18-2006 - 8:08pm

Hi, Steve! I'm new here, so I didn't see your post before today. I don't have COPD, but I do have problems with high blood pressure. I'm taking Toprol, along with other meds for my heart condition. I'm sorry that I'm not able to offer you any suggestions or support. Of course, having high blood pressure -

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-20-2006 - 8:08pm
I was and hoping to be the CL again to this board.
Image hosting by Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2006 - 9:55pm
Hi Melissa,
Sorry I have not been on here in a couple days to chack any messages. Thanks for your reply! I'm sorry to hear your Grandparents have COPD problems too, hope they are doing OK.
So just what did you mean by you trying to be the CL on here again? Does it require a vote? Or do so many just apply for it ? I don't quite get how it works ?
You did seem disappointed though in a way.
So how is your family doing? Sounds like you have some great children there,and a hubby that really loves all of you!!
Not to brag.......but did I mention I have 3 grandsons? Brandon, (6) Braden (2 ) & Nathen who just turned 1 this past May. They are so much fun! They make me feel like I.m 18 again. ( I'm 54 ) But the next day,after they all beat on me , I feel 80 !! Yike
Well, I rambled on enough here for now, I know you're a busy Mom. Hope you can write if you get time !
Hey, what does hubby do for his career ? I'm a retired Auto/ Truck Technician.
Just thought I would ask !
Take cake,
Steve
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2006 - 9:47am

I had to take a break because I was having health issues, and all.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com   
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2006 - 6:04am
Hi Melissa,
Glad you are doing Ok. Before I forget ....Wow ..what a couple cuties you have there !!
My wife had her gall bladder removed last summer ......not fun , but she did OK.
She felt so much better after things healed . She could eat and not have the nasty side -effects/ pains.
Do you mind if I would send a pic of our 3 grandsons? (they like me best ) lol
Well,have to go for now,almost time to wake up granny and get her on her way to work!
I'll be back on later. Have a nice day , take care ! Steve
P.S. feel free to email me direct at fiero355v8@yahoo.com
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2006 - 8:25am

Sure you can send me pics of your grandsons!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com