I'm scared..

iVillage Member
I'm scared..
Wed, 02-08-2006 - 6:06pm
Hello, I'm new to the board, I just found it today actually since I am experiencing something I never have experienced and wanted to get some input. First a little background on me - I'm 28 years old, within a healthy weight for my height and I eat decent (not great, could be better) and exercise - I run about 10-20 miles per week. Anyway, yesterday and today I've been having this fluttery feeling in my chest, like my heart is skipping beats, like palpitations. It's been happening here and there, now and again for the past two days and it's starting to scare me. I'm not under any unusual stress, I don't feel anxious, I drink little caffiene per day - maybe one pop or coffee, if that, and I don't have any other health history, other then strep throat a week ago, which I'm taking antibiotics for now. So, my question is - what could this be?! I'm getting paranoid like something's wrong with my heart, but I try to keep pretty healthy and I've been exercising regluarly for the past 6 years, I even ran a marathon two years ago - so I don't get what's going on?! Am I blowing this out of proportion? Should I see a Dr. about it? Any ideas on what it could be?
Thanks for your help!
Cat
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2006 - 6:44pm

I have a heart murmur (which is innocent one) and what is called sinus arrhythmia.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com   
Community Leader
Wed, 02-08-2006 - 11:14pm

Hello there, Cat, and a big welcome to the board!! The first thing I want to tell you is to make an appointment with your doctor. No one knows your body better than you, so just don't take any chances. Especially in women, the signs of heart problems can be so different than those considered 'normal.' And sometimes there are no symptoms at all.

Like the CL here, I

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2006 - 5:01pm

Hey C,

I have severe Gerd, and it does feel as my heart palpatates.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com