Finding the Right Cardiologist

iVillage Member
Finding the Right Cardiologist
Fri, 12-19-2008 - 5:02pm

Hello,

I'm a 35 year old woman in generally good health, not a smoker, at a decent weight (would like to be down to my

lorie6-26-09.png Lorie 6-26-09 picture by runningwomen

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-20-2008 - 1:15pm

Howdy. It sounds to me like you are indeed ready to find a cardiologist that will listen to you and work with you. I had (past tense) chronic atrial fibrillation tachycardia and congestive heart failure due to the fibrillation. I endured and searched for a solution for approximately 15years. I went through every cardiologist in Kansas City Missouri. They all gave me the pacemaker option or nothing.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-21-2008 - 10:28pm

Photobucket

Hi there, Lorie!! I'm glad you've joined us here on Heart Health!

After 3 primary physicians and 2 cardiologists, I finally found someone who would listen to me and do whatever was necessary to help me. I found this wonderful cardio by word of mouth. My sis-in-law had had a heart attack and her cardio was located in another state. He was absolutely wonderful with her and I made an appointment. I owe that man my life!

I don't have any suggestions for you otehr than to just keep looking. Your health and peace of mind depend on it.

I hope you'll stop by when you can and let us know how your faring. I'll be thinking of you!

Happy Holidays!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-24-2008 - 12:03pm

Thank you both for your comments.

I had to go to DH's doctor yesterday to see if I have a sinus infection, or if it's just something that will go away. I didn't want to be sick throughout the holidays. So I saw him, and he told me that it's not strep and not an infection and made a few suggestions, vitamin B complex, vitamin C three times and day and "stay warm." He also told me about a birth control option that would alleviate my PCP's concern about blood clots.

There's something about him I like. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but he listens, and he offers solutions - like with the BC. DH likes him a lot, and DH is not one to like a doctor. I would like to switch and see him as my PCP, but my doctor is in the same office. I've seen DH's a few times when mine was away or when I needed to make an appointment in the late afternoon.

I think if I start seeing DH's PCP, it will lead me in the direction I want to go, finding solutions. My PCP had just mentioned the blood clot risk with BC but offered no solution or alternative.

I'm considering seeing DH's PCP for my physical early next year when we have better insurance and asking him the questions I have for starters. I think he will have more answers and may be able to recommend a cardiologist as a place for me to start anyway.

lorie6-26-09.png Lorie 6-26-09 picture by runningwomen