Question

iVillage Member
Question
Wed, 02-04-2009 - 3:40pm

I am 27 years old not overweight; work out twice a week with Zumba. Eat healthy, do not smoke or drink (social drink maximum 2 a week) I work as a 4th grade school teacher (some stress there) home life is good no major problems. I have been experiencing chest pain several times a week in the past two months. I have been to my doctor and a cardiologist, was given an EKG but nothing abnormal. I feel the pain for the most part is when I breathe in. It feels like a tightening. No one seems to know what it is. Could it be as simple as stress? I saw the news about Nancy’s CT scan is that a step I should take at this time? How do I approach my doctor or cardiologist to be better results from them. bottom line I have chest pain.

iVillage Member
In reply to: cetvelena
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 6:28pm

Welcome to the board, Cetvelena!! I am sooooo sorry that no one has responded to your question until now! Please forgive me!

It could most certainly be stress causing the discomfort in your chest. But, it could be something else entirely. Do not hesitate to insist that your doctor/cardio perform other tests just to be sure. I had normal EKGs when we already knew that I had heart issues. Start by suggesting to your doctor that you have a CT scan and a holter monitor.

If your doctor keeps telling you that things are normal, seek out a different cardiologist. I hate to say it, but some doctors don't take our complaints seriously. We're too often accused as being paranoid or a hypochondriac. Chest pain is not something to be taken lightly!

Let us know how things are going for you!

Heart Hugs, Geri

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-09-2009 - 7:02pm
My guess would be to take a break, if it's overexertion
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2009 - 3:13pm
All you need is to start practicing deep breathing exercises;
iVillage Member