P&PTs please!

iVillage Member
P&PTs please!
Tue, 02-10-2009 - 9:47pm

My grandfather is having a heart attack.. It's very serious, he flat lined in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, they had to use the paddles to revive him. They've had to intubate him, he's got fluid on his lungs and he's in severe pain.. They want to do a heart cath but he won't let them, he's too scared. The blood clot is still in his heart, they said it's done severe damage to the front of his heart and it's getting worse, but he won't change his mind. I talked to Gran Deb (his wife) and explained to her how the heart cath is pretty much the same thing I had done twice last year and that it's a very easy recovery etc.. She said she doesn't think he realizes that, that he's thinking more along the lines of open heart, tripple bypass etc.. I told her to tell him if I can do it, he can do it. ;-) He's 75, never been in a hospital before and just not thinking clearly, I mean, obviously this is A LOT to take in at once.. Hopefully they can get him to change his mind and hopefully it's not too late when he does.. We could definitely use all the p&pt you've got!! I'll update when I know more!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-11-2009 - 5:58pm

Oh, no, Beck! Please keep me informed of how your grandfather is doing! Heart Catherization can be a scary thing for those who don't understand the procedure. I had 2 done and was a bit nervous the first time. The second time was a breeze and my nerves were not so raw. With some people, it's the fear of the unknown that prevents them from seeking medical attention right away. ((((Beck))))

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-11-2009 - 11:57pm

Oh, Beck I'm sorry to hear that you family is going through this. I pray that your Grandfather will recovery quickly. Will be praying for him as well as all the family.

Let us know how he's getting along.

{{{{{Big Hugs}}}}}

Rhonda in CA

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-12-2009 - 9:05am
Thanks for the p&pt ladies! Unfortunatly he's not doing great.. They waited too long to do the cath,
Photobucket
Photobucket