Heartbeat in my stomach

iVillage Member
Heartbeat in my stomach
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 8:56am

Thank you for all the great information!

Sometimes I wake up at night because my heart beats loud and bumpy

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 11:35am
I think you should be able to go to a hospital for a workup, however, without health insurance, it might be more financially feasable to talk to your health care practitioner about what tests he/she feels should be done and if you can work out an arrangement for payment.

Photobucket

iVillage Message Boards | About Our Boards | Customer Support | Tech Updates

Want to help your man get heart healthy?

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-18-2009 - 5:37pm
I don't know what state you live in, but you could also see if you quilify for a medical card( public assistance).
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 7:22pm

It's nice to meet you, RH! Welcome to Heart Health!!

This is a new one on me.... I've never heard anyone say that they have felt their heartbeat in their stomach. I'm not saying that it's not possible, however. My cardiologist advised me to NOT sleep on my left side as it puts pressure upon my heart. That's perhaps why you're feeling the loud and rapid heartbeats. Do you hear the beating in your ears at all? I ask that because my arrhythmia became a real concern for my cardiologist when I told him I could hear the loud beats in my ears.

As for going to a hospital for tests, I can't answer that. Different hospitals have different policies. For example, some hospitals won't turn you away because of your inability to pay and some legally can tell you no. Also, I'm sure that a hospital would rather you consult a doctor/cardiologist about your concerns. There are a number of tests that could be performed

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 7:48pm

The heartbeat in your stomach could be

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 8:03pm

Hi,

I had the "heartbeat in my stomach" and actually it is the heart pumping blood down the main artery leaving the heart called the aorta. The reason I felt mine was because I had a lymph node behind the aorta (retro-peritoneal) and stomach that was enlarged due to Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Don't get scared! I had pain there for about 2 years and was mis-diagnosed. A simple CT-Scan found the problem. Treatments are excellent for Lymphoma and I am 6.5 years in remission.

You did not mention anything about pain, but your symptoms are remarkable enough for you to get checked as soon as possible. Lack of health insurance should not deter you from getting checked - your life is important!

I wish you all the best.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 8:38pm
Thank you and welcome to the Heart Health board!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-19-2009 - 8:39pm
Welcome to Heart Health and thank you for your input!!

Photobucket

Photobucket