And the so-called ear infection rages on

iVillage Member
And the so-called ear infection rages on
Thu, 03-12-2009 - 10:07pm
The medication the doctor prescribed for me has kept the dizziness at bay. Somewhat. I still feel dizzy whenever bending over, but that's been about it. This morning I forgot to take my pills and I had 2 pretty bad episodes. This much is true - The meds help the symptoms, but has not cured the problem. I'll wait it out for the few days the doctor has asked me to and then I'll "forget" to take the pills again. We'll see what happens. If the severe dizziness returns, I'm on my way for an MRI.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Administrator
Fri, 03-13-2009 - 12:47pm
Aww Geri-it sounds like you're really having a rough time with that. My sister once had an ear infection (which btw is rare in adults they told her) and she was dizzy and sick for weeks. Finally she had to have some sort of tube thing put in her ear to clear it up. I felt so bad for her. I sure hope you clear up soon. {{hugs}}

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-13-2009 - 1:31pm
(((Geri))) That "ear infection" is sure kicking your tuckus!

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 7:36pm
Thanks, Karla. I'm just getting a wee bit worried at this point. I had a bad episode again this morning (it seems like they only come on now after I wake up) and I just have an overall feeling of not feeling real well. I'm also having headaches that go almost as soon as they come on and I've never had problems with headaches. I'm going to call the doctor on Monday and see about getting an MRI scheduled.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-14-2009 - 7:39pm
Thanks, Amyd. The med I'm on isn't an antibiotic, so I think that's why I'm still not feeling well. It's for the symptoms, not the problem. Read the reply I left Karla (in this same thread) for an even further update.

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-15-2009 - 2:17pm

I hope you and your doctor are able to work together to figure out what the real problem is, and how to solve or treat it.

You need more than good luck; you need a perceptive doctor who is able to listen to you.

Take care,

Roberta

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-15-2009 - 5:50pm

Thank you, Roberta! If there is anything too serious, I'll be on my way to a big city, where the care (and caring) are much better than the small community I live in. It was good to see you post!

With Heart Hugs ~

Photobucket

Photobucket

Administrator
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 8:57am
Aww Geri-what a nightmare. I hope you're able to get the MRI done soon. I know you must be miserable. {{hugs}}

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 9:20am

Oh, I sure hope you're feeling better today.