New here, have had one ablation

iVillage Member
New here, have had one ablation
Mon, 03-16-2009 - 10:57pm

Hi I’m a 25 years old. Here is a little on my history, this past Sept I had a heart ablation. I had been dealing with feeling like palpations, dizziness, light headedness, adrenaline rushes, and feeling like my heart either beating too fast, or not enough. Well after 4 trips to the ER, where the Dr’s thought it was just anxiety, they gave me a Holter monitor. Well it took them one day to call me in to my PCP office to tell me the results. 60% of the time my heart was having SVT my rates were 157-185 during an episode. 30% of the time I was bradycardia the lowest my HR was 34 BPM. And only 20% of the time I was normal. Well I got sent to an electro physiologist. Two days after my first appointment with the EP I had my heart ablation done. I fell into the 10% of those pt who have it done, and the dr is unable to get the heart to go into the rhythm during surgery. He felt confident that he got it though. The few month after the ablation, it didn't really seem to have helped. And some of the episodes got worse and more painful. My EP wanted to have me get another monitor on, and another ablations if needed. but my ins ran out..and I haven't been able to get back on yet. In Jan and Feb I had two great months. I never really felt it at all. But the past two to three weeks now. I am really feeling it acted back up again. But it's a little different now. I guess I wondering if it's a cause for concern or not. My episodes now, they come unexpectedly and suddenly, like before. But sometimes, (bare with me please it's kind of hard to explain) when my heart and body feels like I have ran 10 miles straight...my heart rate is low..but my heart has that heavy pounding feeling. Like it’s having a hear time pumping. And I feel like I have adrenaline rushes too. And that feeling will last for hours sometimes. It's almost like I'm on something. I can't sit still. My EP said that was my bodies way of trying to regulate my heart rate, by releasing the adrenaline. But is it normal to still feel that way , even tho my heart isn't racing? My heart rate is still very irregular. When put on a monitor my heart rate will jump from the 50's to 120's and back down again every 5-7 beats...with out me moving. And it's never is in a set pattern. And not only do I feel like my heart has a hear time pumping, I also feel when it’s not pumping hear enough. Which in turn causes my to feel weak and dizzy. I have some ppl teling me( I know they all mean well) that it’s is all normal, since I have had the ablation, and dealt with this all before, I’m just more in tune with my body and my heart. And that I’m just reading in into all of this too much. And on the other hand I have ppl telling that I need to see my dr asap b/c it’s not normal. But one thing all of these ppl having common.. they have never lived through it, or have felt any these feelings. I feel like a complete nut trying to explain these thought and feelings to them. If any one has any thoughts,. I would greatly appreciate hearing them! Thanks so much! Sorry this got so long!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 2:04am

Photobucket

Hi! I'm certainly glad you found us and I do hope you will return to visit us often. There are several members here who have had ablations and I do hope they will see your post and respond. I will tell you - No one knows your body like you do! If you suspect something is amiss, see a doctor/cardiologist as soon as possible. In my own opinion, what you have been experiencing is not normal at all. It's imperative that you seek treatment.

Here are a couple of links to Your Total Health here at iVillage. ~

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/ablation.html?pageNum=3

http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/study-tests-ablation-in-congenital-atrial-arrhythmias.html

Please get back to us and let us know how you're doing, okay? I'll be thinking of you!

With Heart Hugs, Geri

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 4:33pm

Hello!

~Stefanie