Echo Stress Test Results

iVillage Member
Echo Stress Test Results
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 6:33pm

Had an Echo Stress Test today (I'm the one with 2800 PVC / PAC's in 24 hours), anyway the Echo Stress didn't show anything serious.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 8:42pm

Wow, Barb, that's excellent news! I take Lisinopril, but I have to take it every day. I haven't heard of taking it only when needed, but maybe it's okay for you because the Echo didn't reveal anything seriously wrong. That makes sense to me. As for the Lisinopril, I haven't had any serious side effects from it.

I'm so sorry that I can't be of more help. Stay in touch and let us know how you're getting on!

With Heart Hugs ~

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-02-2009 - 1:56am
Never been prescribed for a heart condition.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-02-2009 - 2:44pm

My husband takes 25 mg. of Atenolol once a day for an irregular heartbeat. For as long as he can remember, he's always had an irregular heartbeat. He's had two surgeries to replace his aortic valve, and after the first surgery his heartbeat became much more regular. A few days after the second surgery he had a serious SVT, a known complication of that surgery. After recovery he was on medication for his heart rate but was able to stop taking it after a few months, and his heart rate was fairly regular for a few years. About 18 months ago his heart rate began to become increasingly irregular, so his cardiologist put him on Atenolol, 25 mg. once a day. At first he got a rash, which might have been caused by a different fabric softener we had been using for a few weeks. The doctor told DH to stop the Atenolol for a week, to stop using any possible skin irritant, and to use a skin ointment he prescribed. The rash went away after a couple of days, and when DH started the Atenolol again he had no problem.
He hasn't had any problems since then, and his heart rate is fine.

Good luck!

Roberta