Sun, 04-19-2009 - 8:36pm
Do you read the warnings/side effects

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 2:49am
Yes & I don't pay attention to them.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 10:01am
I absolutely DO read the information! I have had some nasty reactions to a few Rx's for blood pressure over the years, sometimes physical, but sometimes actually emotional/psychological. :O If I hadn't been aware and educated myself, I couldn't have recognized there was a problem, communicated with my doctor about what was happening and having her change to a different drug. My health plan pharmacy provides information sheets whenever I get an Rx filled. Plus I usually also go to the Mayo Clinic web site for additional information when it is a new Rx.

I even re-read or at least scan pharmacy info even with Rx renewals now because one time something new came up. A drug I'd been on for years for blood pressure, had a new warning not to have grapefruit or products with it because it caused problems and side effects in combination, and made the Rx useless for controlling my blood pressure! :O And in previous years, this was not known! And I was drinking pink grapefruit juice for lunch! Which meant my blood pressure was not being controlled by the Rx as it was supposed to be. YIKES! So, I even re-read the info when I've been on the Rx for years, just in case.

I believe being forewarned is my responsibility as the patient so that I can recognize there's a problem and let my doctor know so we can deal with it. IMO, my health is just as much my responsibility as it is my doctor's, to help me be as healthy as possible. :P

Blessings,

Gypsy

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,