Update on MRA/ECG, and Rant!!

iVillage Member
Update on MRA/ECG, and Rant!!
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 1:02pm

Okay, I apologize in advance because some of this is going to be a rant. I am at the end of my emotional rope. I had an appt with my Rhuem. doc on tuesday and my MRA looked fine. But my ECG came back abnormal, and my B12 levels are very low, but they won't do an injection because of the Coumadin. From what I understand( and that isn't much because my Rhuem doc is foreign and really hard to understand and she rushs thru stuff) apparently my heart on the left side is not beating normally(hypokinetic) and the walls are thin on this side too. But when she was trying to show me with her hands what was happening it looked like she was trying to describe fibrillation. UGH, so I talked to my sis and she said that it couldn't be fibrillating or I would be dead. So they are doing some blood tests to look for some protien disorder, I have no idea what it is called. Then they are sending me to a Cardiologist for an angiography of my heart, neck and intracranial arteries. But me and my sis don't understand why they need to look at my arteries again since that was what the MRA was for and that came back fine!!!! Basically they have no idea what is causing all this and I am scared out of my mind. I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter that is my angel, I dont' want to leave her here with no mommy. Okay, crying now. (((sigh))))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 1:39pm
{{{HUGS!}}} I "hear" your frustration between every line your wrote. Keep asking questions, demand explanations you can understand, look things up online. I am hard of hearing and I won't put up with not understanding what is said to me. Accents and women's soft voices are the worst! UGH! Anyway, I only shared that because you have a doctor with a thick accent that you have trouble understanding. DEMAND she repeat and speak louder or slower, tell her you do NOT understand what she is telling you. I've found that I have to be my own strong advocate and not put up with being pushed around and not understanding why they are doing this, that or the other test, or medication or whatever. Your sister sounds like she could be a strong advocate and support for you (I am sorry your DH isn't). Maybe she can go with you, to bolster you up when dealing with these doctors? I don't like being bullied and I know you don't, either. I hope you can get some straight answers. More {{{HUGS!}}} I had open heart surgery in mid March, and I was scared beforehand too, going through all the tests beforehand. Hang in there, demand straight answers and explanations. My DH, instead of your sister in your case, was my advocate. We wouldn't let the doctor leave the room until we both fully understood what was said and the implications and recommendations. It's YOUR health and YOUR body. You have a right to clear communication, and above all, to have ALL your questions and concerns heard and responded to! Hang in there, don't give up, and keep prodding the doctors to find out what is really going on.

Blessings,

Gypsy

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Edited 5/15/2009 1:42 pm ET by gypsywolfwoman

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 9:03pm

Nicole, (I love the name Nicole!), you are not going to die! Put that thought out of your mind. Believe me, I understand your frustration and uncertainty, I really do. Allow me to share.... I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease about 10-11 years ago. My heart made 2 bypasses of it's own. I've gone through a stent placement and a cardioversion and more tests than I care to count. I'm still here! My best friend had a heart attack and had to have bypass surgery 6 years ago and she had a massive stroke

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 9:32pm

Thanks to both of your for your replies. I called my internal med doc and spoke with his nurse( I love her) she explained things so much better to me. At least now I understand what the heck is going on. The lateral muscle is beating slow. They have cancelled my angiography for now and have orderd a nuclear stress test. They still aren't sure why it is beating slow, coranary artery disease or maybe this protien disorder that they are testing for. The really good news is that the nurse that works for my internal med doc will be working for my Rheum doc on thursdays so she said that she will be my "interprater" Thanks again for "listening", my friends have kind of withdrawn from me since all this happend. I don't think they know what to say, or how to act around me. But I do have my family which rock. My sis is an RN, and so is my step mother. My father is driving 12 hours just to be with me next week. Okay, now I am rambling. Thanks again!!!

I also put a pic of my beautiful girl on here too, she is my reason to live. She is so stinkin cute I had to post a pic.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-15-2009 - 9:59pm
Oh, my! ;)) She is a real cutie. What a great photo! I have a friend who's kind of "disappeared" since I had my surgery in March, too. I don't understand why, either. She lives far away, so we mostly email, and she has not responded to anything since I wrote and told her about my surgery. I will try writing her again. I am *SO* very glad you have a supportive family surrounding you! That is so very important at times like this! Your dad is a real sweetie to come and be with you next week. WOW! That is so wonderful! Take good care. HUGS!

Blessings,

Gypsy

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-18-2009 - 12:07pm

Awww, that baby girl is soooo precious-looking! And your dad.... I'm glad he will be with you. A very dear dad, to say the least! Hang in there... It'll all come out alright.

Heart Hugs ~

Photobucket