QOTW for 6/1/2009

iVillage Member
QOTW for 6/1/2009
Sun, 05-31-2009 - 10:38pm

Kind of an "off-the-wall" question this time...

Ladies, if you felt your breasts were too

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-01-2009 - 7:31pm

I'd rather find a bra that fits comfortably.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 11:32am
Having not been in the situation of feeling that my breasts were too *small*, it's not a decision that I've really thought about much, so I don't know if I can really say.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 5:12pm

Nope. My self esteem, self identity is not based on the size of my breasts. Men's identity isn't based solely on the size of their penises, why should woman base their sense of self and worthiness on their breast sizes?

IMO, it's a really sick society that bases a person's worth just on their bodies and appearance. Very poor values. If someone doesn't have anything else positive going on in their lives, bigger breasts or a bigger penis, aren't going to make anyone sublimely magically happy or give them a successful life or even relationship, for that matter, KWIM? :o(

I wouldn't rule out surgery if there is disfigurement from birth or an accident, of course. Or there is a health, physical pain, condition (like some women that have horrible back issues, when *too* well endowed, and need a reduction). But if it's "just for looks." Maybe deeper thought on one's self value and other values might be called for. We're not Barbies, after all. We're real people with real lives. And we are much more than just the size of our breasts, after all. Well, I certainly hope we are! ;))

Blessings,

Gypsy

Photobucket

"What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night.

It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.

It is the little shadow which runs across the grass

and loses itself in the sunset.

- Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Photobucket Photobucket

Dog fighting is cruelty, which is a human activity and a human illness.

It's not the dog's fault.

All dogs need to be evaluated as individuals."

--Tim Racer, one of BAD RAP's founders

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mika Dog

"All things share the same breath;

the beast, the tree, the man.

The Air shares its spirit with

all the life it supports."

--Chief Seattle

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go where they went."

~Will Rogers

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress

can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi

Blessings,

Gypsy

)O(

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 8:41pm
No surgery for these puppies, either! ;)

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 8:42pm
In getting a little personal here (we're all women, right?), I've never had large breasts and there is no way that I would ever have them enlarged.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-02-2009 - 8:45pm
Gyspy, I just love reading your posts! >>And we are much more than just the size of our breasts, after all.<< You nailed it! :)

Photobucket

Community Leader
Sat, 06-06-2009 - 7:55pm

I think it is a "personal" decision but for me the answer would be no...
My self-esteem is not based on the size of my breasts and it's a turn-off for me personally whenever a guy seems "fixated" and I have been known to say isn't it a little rude to be staring, how would feel you if I stared at your "fill in the blanks"?
It's ONLY a very small part of us and definitely has nothing to do with who we are.
If I thought it would make me feel better about myself I might consider it...but I am happy with what I've got. :)

<3

Nightangel
Nightangel